Why choose us?
Our vision is a society free of female genital mutilation (FGM) and other forms of gender-based violence (GBV).
Our main mission is to eradicate FGM and other forms of GBV in Tanzania through the sensitization and education of grass-roots communities and to work with like-minded partners to end the practice and support FGM and GBV victims.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We pursue our vision and mission through the following activities:
• Identifying areas/communities where FGM is still widely practiced.
• Designing and carrying out special sensitization and awareness programs with the participation of relevant communities
• Empowering groups and communities to design strategies that will enable them to eradicate the practice of FGM in their areas
• Strengthening relationships with various anti-FGM activists through information exchange and sharing resources
• Using the experience and lessons learned from campaigns towards the eradication of other harmful traditions against women